This blog is about a fabulously fierce Domestic Engineer slash Latina Goddess, former Sales Warrior. A reflection of my crazy life and things I've learned along the way.
Pour a drink, pull up a chair and enjoy!!
What is a Sassy Chica?
A fabulously fierce woman with a pep in her step; lively and spirited, stylish and saucy.
Where did the name Sassy Chica come from?
Over the past decade I worked in several sales positions, mainly in male dominated companies. I fully embraced surrounding myself with men (daily), regardless how competitive and exhausting it was!
It was during this time that I grew tough skin, balls of steel and always wore my high heels! My male peers thought it would be fun to nickname me. I would have appreciated a cool warrior name like "Zena" or "She-Ra", but no such luck, they chose Sassy Chica and it stuck.
Today those same guys who teased me for being Sassy and a Chica are some of my best friends and professional mentors...thanks Guys, even if at the time I thought you were a bunch of Tools!
About Sassy Chica:
The hubster and I live our version of the American Dream: a house, two kids, a dog and debt...what more can a girl ask for? Except that the dog really isn't ours. Chiquita, pronounced chee-ke-ta (a chihuahua mix) belongs to my mom; we dog sit enough to consider her our dog.
Our kids are my driving force. Diva, our teenage daughter inspires me to be a better person and challenges me to stay sane. While my seven year old son, melts my heart with his charming personality and witty sense of humor.
Still want to know more??
- Alpha sibling to two sisters and one brother
- Appreciates shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, makeup, spa treatments and the color pink
- Loves to plan and host parties
- Humbled to see the Love of God in others
- A Crafty Chica: a real do it yourselfer...if I can do it myself, I will
- A Sassy Saver, always looking for a deal, sale, or coupon
- Lives in a fabulous community filled with lively people
- Loves coffee, cocktails and chocolate
- I consider myself a good cook, no fatalities yet:)
- Tango'd with my weight my entire life
- Surrounds herself with FUNNY and good natured people
- Likes to play(and win)at: Poker, Texas Hold'em, Bunco and Cornhole/Baggo