Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Hello Sassy Readers...So here we are the day before New Years Eve and I have much on my mind.
I aspire for this upcoming year to be different, I am ready to start 2010 with my thoughts in order; my heart, mind, body and soul in sinc.
I am sad to see 2009 go, this year was intense, ridiculous, crazy, sorrowful at times, blessed with love, unpredictable yet we made it through...I have no regrets(okay maybe a few).
I invite 2010 and look forward to newness and change from the core of my soul to the depth of my heart...
So with out further adieu here are my New Year Resolutions....
~Heal my Temple, our bodies are our temples and in order for us to be the best we can be we need to be good to our bodies, by eating right, exercising, getting enough rest and obeying our bodies needs.
~Continue my Career, I have been a Domestic Engineer for over a year and I feel as though I have lost part of who I am. My time at home served its purpose, and now I have decided to return to work. So starting now, I am in search to continue my career and realign myself with the world!
~Self Empowerment, I love to read and learn about self empowerment, our minds are our most powerful tool. Yet like any tool if you do not sharpen or maintain the upkeep of it, it will go dull. Therefore this year I am looking for personal growth through self empowerment!
I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, full of love, laughter and lots of good times. Most of all I wish you self contentment...be happy to be alive...there is so much we take for granted on a daily basis, check in with yourself from time to time and give the Divine Thanks for we are blessed!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Here is the good news...
I am back! And so excited to visit all of your blogs and leave lots of comments.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are ready for a FABULOUS NEW YEAR!!
Bring it 2010, this Chica is ready!!
I started to work on my list of resolutions for this upcoming year; I am determined to list specifics...my heart needs specifics!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
At first I thought it was only me feeling bah-hum-bug, but the more I spoke with others, I realized it wasn't just me. So how did I finally find the cheer, I went shopping, nothing like a little shopping therapy to help bring some cheer!
I made my list and checked it twice, then I headed out to the stores and found lots of things nice! Hot Damn, this Chica finished all her shopping in 3days and now has a sense of accomplishment...mama also got a new pair of shoes! Christmas shopping is done, wrapping not yet...however I will not fret.
Today my mother, sisters, daughter and I celebrate the season with our traditional Cookie Baking Day! I am not a natural baker, but love to do so around the holidays. We gather to make 6different kind of cookies and 3different breads...loaded with calories, but fabulously delish!
Where ever you are my friend, whatever you are doing, I hope you enjoy your day and embrace the spirit of the holidays!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I guess you are wondering why I have not yet sent you my Christmas wish list?? Well Christmas took me by surprise this year, one can say it snuck up on me in the blink of an eye.
Just today I realized I had less than 8days to get my list to you. I will not risk it getting lost by sending it in the mail, instead I will be emailing it to you!
I have been both naughty and nice this year....I once heard that naughty girls get presents too (wink, wink)...I sure do hope that's true?!?
So without further adieu....here is my Christmas wish list for you!
I am in need of a new phone, so what better than the IPHONE...I have friends and family who use one and they love it, love it, love it...if you bring me one, I just know that I will love it too!!
Since times are tough, I've been sparingly using my Tiffany Parfume; however it is near it's end, so this is a great gift idea for me...oh and anything else in the Tiffany & Co store that catches your eye, I am sure I would love as well...
What is on YOUR Christmas Wish List, please do share?????
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
A week later on Christmas Eve, our little peanut became ill and lethargic so back to the hospital it was; his little body was not making enough calcium, after a week stay, we were able to take him home with us again, except every month for the next 3months he would become ill with virus's none life threatening.
Until April he was inconsolable after an extensive series of tests in the E.R, the doctors said our little angel had an obstructed bowel. They immediately prepped him for surgery and to their surprise it was much worse, the entire right side of his colon was also obstructed!
The hospital did not have an infant surgeon to operate, so they were ready to helicopter him out to a different hospital, but time was not on our side. The hospital paged the best Adult surgeon they had and by the grace of God he performed the surgery and remove the entire right side of his colon. He was not healing rapidly and had to be sedated and paralyzed for the next few weeks and had a few more surgery's. The final surgery was a colostomy. 3Months later they reversed the colostomy and he has never been back to the hospital since!!
Our Christmas blessing was seeing the Goodness of God and strength of faith through the trials and tribulations of our child's first few months.
Today we celebrate his 8th birthday and with thankful hearts we appreciate all of our prayer warriors, doctors and nurses who never gave up hope! I have written about my son, feel free to check out some posts under kookey kids, he has a larger than life personality, is extremely witty, charming and always full of surprises.
I am so excited to see what life has in store for him...in my heart I know God saved him for a reason!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEANUT!
Monday, December 14, 2009
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper fo sho...who doesn't love the excitement of a lovely wrapped gift; however I will use a gift bag for certain gifts such as wine bottles.
- Real Tree or Artificial? Artificial, we have a two story ceiling in our living room and a 14 foot artificical prelit Christmas which I love, love, love!!
- When do you put up the tree? First week of December, except this year it was a bit later than that (small confession not all decorations have made it up either).
- When do you take the tree down? Usually the second week of January
- Do you like Eggnog? No, not particularly
- Favorite gift received as a child? not sure I have a favorite gift, I loved everything
- Hardest person to buy for? My mother, what do you buy the woman who has everything!
- Easiest person to buy for? My son, he loves everything!!
- Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it is in an ornament.
- Mail or Email Christmas cards? this year no Christmas cards...yet
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A gold shirt for my exboyfriends mother, which I think was a re-gift from the 80's, lol!!
- Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? usually Black Friday...however this year it will be this week:)
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? YES
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mama's tamales and my aunts cookies
- Lights on the tree? Without a doubt...love the ambiance of white Christmas lights.
- Favorite Christmas Song? I'll be home for Christmas
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home is where the heart is, we do visit local family and friends.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? YES, can you?
- Angel on the top or a star? I have both and switch it up..this year a star
- Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? With family/friends on Christmas eve, while at their house.. at home with our children on Christmas Morning...with my siblings at my moms on Christmas Midday
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? People often forget the reason for the season and its not about the gifts!
- Favorite ornament, theme or color? Theme is Silver and Gold
- Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Ham or Turkey and trimmings
- What do you want to do for Christmas this year? I would love an intimate Christmas, except my family is large and we must make the rounds of visits or feelings get hurt and that is no bueno!
- Favorite Christmas Tradition Growing Up? My father would play Willie Nelson's Pretty Paper album, while we trimmed the tree and decorated our home for the holidays, he also played many other artists, but Willie Nelson and Perry Como were his favorite!
- Favorite Tradition Now? Christmas morning coffee and hot cocoa with the kids after opening gifts, making sure our children understand how blessed we are to have eachother.
- Favorite Christmas Memory? I am not sure I have one favorite, every year is a blessing and we make more memories; however our last Christmas with my father was priceless...he showered us that year with keepsake gifts and loads of love!!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I read an article in the September issue of Marie Claire, which features Ashley Olsen, who's quote is spot on..."Your either born with a sense of style or you're not. Either you care or you don't."
After reading this quote, I thought back to the many life lessons my father taught me. He was every essence of the word 'Gentleman', loving, handsome, stylish, charming, witty and a fabulous dancer.
~Above all things, LOVE and Be LOVED, this is your legacy~
My father had this debonair way about him, when he walked into a room, people noticed. He came from humble beginnings and worked hard to provide a 'good life' for his wife and kids. He took much pride in his appearance and was an encouraging soul, saying things like"Sky's the limit". You can have anything you want, as long as you are willing to work for it.
God called my father home in December of 2000; here are a few of the Life Lessons he taught me:
- Always look presentable when leaving your home, you never know who you may run into or meet.
- You could be wearing a fabulous outfit, but if your hair is not neat, you may as well not bothered getting dressed.
- Your Belt and shoes should always match. Chica's, match your belt, shoes and handbag.
- Keep your hands and feet manicured...people look!
- Introduce yourself with a firm handshake, confident smile and use your full name
- Keep your shoes polished and buffed...neatness matters.
- Shoulders back, head up....walk with confidence
- Treat yourself and others with respect
- Live life to the fullest, have fun, take risks and shake what your mamma gave you!!!
- Above all things Love and be loved this is your legacy
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
MySassy friends and I were having a few cocktails the other night, when I noticed one of them constantly making and receiving text messages, curiosity struck so I asked "who is it that you keep texting"?
With a saucy look on her face she responded I am drunk texting my boy toy, didn't you know it's the new foreplay??? I laughed so hard I got the hiccups and told her, I am so blogging this, tell me more!
Monday, December 7, 2009
On the flip side of that the weekend was FABULOUS, Friday night I played Texas Hold'em with the neighborhood guys and lets just say this Chica held her own for as long as I could, but I was not one of the high rolling winners that night!
Saturday, was a day of shopping and running errands, later I attended a good friends birthday party at a local sports bar and had a good ol time with good friends, good drink and tons of TV screens to enjoy the UFC fights and Chicago Black Hawk game.
Sunday should have been a day of rest, but that was not in the cards, we had our first Tamale making day it was not too bad, but anytime Tamale making is on the agenda, you know you will be put to work and have good eats afterward.
How was your weekend? I want to hear all about it......
Friday, December 4, 2009
Have you ever wanted someone, so much you wish for them with all your being? Have you ever yearned for someone, so much it hurts? Have you ever desired someone to the point that you wonder, if you can live with out them?
I love getting emails from my readers, I welcome any questions you may have...if I don't have the answer, I will do my best to find one or post your question and let some Sassy readers weigh in on their thoughts. Just the other day a Sassy reader sent me a thought provoking email asking the difference between love and lust??
In my opinion, Love takes time, Lust is instant, Love involves the meeting of the mind, heart body and soul, Lust is a physical emotion, Love is when you care about your mates well being, lust is when you want to feel the being.
I once read, True Love is neither physical nor romantic, true love is acceptance of all that is, has been, will be and will not be. (author unknown).
Please do share your opinion on the difference of Love and Lust, us Sassy readers would love to know???
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Happy December my Sassy Readers!!! I am besides myself that December is here and we are in the final month of the year. Why is it the older we get the quicker time passes us by? I have mixed feelings about December, I celebrate, I mourn, I decorate and bake, shop and wrap...a busy Chica I will be! Except for some reason this year, I have not yet jumped on the Holiday Spirit Ban Wagon, by this time of year my tree is up and decorated along with all my interior and exterior Christmas decorations, by this time I have already started to bask in the song of Christmas music and am singing along...usually by this time of year I have already started my Christmas Shopping and have planned a birthday party for my son.
I can not say what is different about this year, but something in life has shifted, I have no desire to jump on the Holiday Ban wagon, plan parties, shop or decorate. It has not yet snowed in Chicago, could that be it??? By this time it usually has snowed once or twice...well some soul searching I will do to pull myself out of this funk and get on with the celebration of life and all that is to come in December.
Today I wish you a Happy December...what will you be doing this month?