I read an article in the September issue of Marie Claire, which features Ashley Olsen, who's quote is spot on..."Your either born with a sense of style or you're not. Either you care or you don't."
After reading this quote, I thought back to the many life lessons my father taught me. He was every essence of the word 'Gentleman', loving, handsome, stylish, charming, witty and a fabulous dancer.
~Above all things, LOVE and Be LOVED, this is your legacy~
My father had this debonair way about him, when he walked into a room, people noticed. He came from humble beginnings and worked hard to provide a 'good life' for his wife and kids. He took much pride in his appearance and was an encouraging soul, saying things like"Sky's the limit". You can have anything you want, as long as you are willing to work for it.
God called my father home in December of 2000; here are a few of the Life Lessons he taught me:
- Always look presentable when leaving your home, you never know who you may run into or meet.
- You could be wearing a fabulous outfit, but if your hair is not neat, you may as well not bothered getting dressed.
- Your Belt and shoes should always match. Chica's, match your belt, shoes and handbag.
- Keep your hands and feet manicured...people look!
- Introduce yourself with a firm handshake, confident smile and use your full name
- Keep your shoes polished and buffed...neatness matters.
- Shoulders back, head up....walk with confidence
- Treat yourself and others with respect
- Live life to the fullest, have fun, take risks and shake what your mamma gave you!!!
- Above all things Love and be loved this is your legacy